PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Based at the Secretariat’s office in Brussels and reporting to the Head of Finance, the Human Resources & Admin officer supports the dynamic and energetic team of the Secretariat by ensuring a smooth operational and administrative working environment. The Terms of Reference for this position are available for download here. The responsibilities of this role stretch across the following domains: HR administration, office management, asset management, and office security. As part of the Finance team, the incumbent might be asked to support the Finance team as a backup and as requested. A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities is outlined below.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact for employees for all HR related matters
- Provide advice and support to management on all HR related matters and report HR related data
- Payroll administration in coordination with the external payroll company
- Preparing HR documents such as employment certificates, contracts of employment, etc.
- Coordinating staff on-boarding and off-boarding activities
- Coordinate and ensure liaison with insurances companies
- Coordinate working permits requests
- Ensure proper filing and safe-keeping of HR administrative documentation
Office Management and Security
- Ensure office supplies and office maintenance
- Office utilities and office rental management and follow up
- Ensure proper filing and safe-keeping of administrative documentation
- Implement office safety and security standards and protocol
- First point of contact with the IT support company, office building managers and cleaning services as needed
Procurement and Asset Management
- Maintain assets inventory and service providers’ registry
- Communicate with vendors for procurement according to internal and EU rules and regulations
- Validating procurement processes and being part of the evaluation process
- Support logistics of travel and meetings as necessary
- Ensure proper filing and safe-keeping of administrative procurement documentation
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR related field
- 1-3 years experience in HR/Admin/Office management position, preferably in the Belgian context
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian HR legislation
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with SD Worx system is an asset
- Strong communication skills in English and either French or Dutch
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to multidisciplinary work in the environment of a multicultural team.
- Ability to work with people who are in stressful and difficult situations.
- Good organisational skills, detail–oriented.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work in an efficient manner.
STARTING DATE & CONDITIONS
- Preferable starting date: 1 February 2023
- Duration and conditions: 12-month renewable contract (32 hours per week) – gross monthly salary based on experience and seniority
- Excellent benefits such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers, insurance, and pension plan, transport allowance
- 26 vacation days pro-rata and 5 additional vacation days
- European Supplementary Holidays
- The candidate must be based in Belgium and have a valid work permit.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your CV and cover letter (please include information about your availability) before 25 January 2023 by email at email@example.com with the subject: ‘HR&Admin officer – Your surname’.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held online and in person.
Early applications are encouraged, as the position might be filled before the deadline!